The weather has been wonderful the last few days-as I can see when I go to the Pret or Cosi in midtown and lines are out there door,as people leave their offices and head for the parks at lunchtime ! Almost as hard as trying to get a seat on the 4/5/6 during rush hour heading downtown !
For those who might like to do some work in the park did you know there are some parks that are WiFi enabled AND its free ? Sometimes we need not be tethered to our desks or offices-I try sometimes during the great weather days,to take some time and be outdoors -sometimes being able to hear the birds chirp as I do a little bit of work is extraordinarily relaxing for me….
So,here’s a great list (courtesy of NYCGO ) :
- Bowling Green Park @ Broadway and Whitehall Street
- Hanover Square @ Pearl Street
- Union Square- East 14th street
- Washington Market Park @ Greenwich Street
- Robert F Wagner Park – Battery & 1st Places
- Brooklyn Bridge Park-Old Fulton & Water Street
- City Hall Park- Broadway and Chambers Street
- Bryant Park- 42nd Street btwn 5th & 6th Avenues
- Madison Square Park – Broadway and 23rd Street
OR do something that seems revolutionary,and against the norm-disconnect for a while.Relax,reconnect with nature,friends,read a book and just enjoy.Pack a picnic (or just pick up some lunch) and have some downtime outside !
And yes,I’m going to follow a bit of my own advice-and take some time to enjoy the great weather today !
’til the next time.Always at your service.